September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

September 21st 2013 - Two Years, and Music

so I'm thinking about music but I'm also thinking about the fact that it was two years ago that I woke up and had gotten sick.  I'm grateful today that I'm not where I was two years ago, I'm grateful for all of the people who help me – my wonderful vision therapist ann, my Feldenkrais therapist Joyce, Dr. Margolis who oversees the vision therapist, my psychologist Dr. glad, and of course Ron and my daughters.  There are others, but those are really the key people in my daily and weekly life.  I have challenges in my life I never thought that I would and I know I'm not the only person who has ever said that.  I'm very grateful for the technology that helps me every day.  And I am always grateful for music – to be able to pick up my flute even for a few minutes and have the music flow out of my fingers and my body.  I'm aware of differences in my playing that I never used to pay attention to and as Ron said to me the other day as long as I keep on making small steps no matter how gradually I can know that I'm moving forward.  I know I have not plateaued yet in my recovery and music really is therapy in so many ways.  And not just for playing but also for listening.  I occasionally listen to myself on YouTube none of that is perfect, but some of its actually pretty good.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.