September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

April 19th 2013 - Noelie and Flute

Tonight the girls go with noelie to a baseball game in Milwaukee although ironically they're going to be playing the Chicago Cubs – so our correspondent who lives in the country on the outskirts of the town of Rodez in France is getting a vastly different experience of life here in United States.  I don't think she realized how big a difference it would be and it's exhausting for her but I think a good experience.  Communication has been a challenge because her English is limited and Leena getting over a cold has had laryngitis and it's hard for me to read much texting so Cara reads things aloud and hopefully Leena will be talking very soon.  But we are managing and it's also good experience for the girls to experience language barriers.  And sometimes the mistakes that Google translate makes are kind of amusing.  It's nice that Ron has a smart phone with access to the Internet. 
In the flute department doing improv and free-form is pretty cool.  I never thought that I could do anything like this – was always very reliant on reading music, and traditional practicing – and now I'm doing my own thing it's kind of like composing music.  I don't know if I ever play the same thing two days in a row but it's pretty cool to listen to the notes and come up with phrases that sound good – even the ones that are a bit dissonant with those accidental notes. 
And in two weeks I start vision therapy – should be interesting.  Sometimes now I think about what's happening in my body – how my bones move – when I do stuff but in a different way than I ever used to – it's cool 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.