September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 19th 2012 - English Teacher and Music

I got an e-mail earlier today that my freshman year English teacher Sophie Raven died this past weekend.  I still remember that class very well.  There was a group of us including Hart billings who got into the habit of getting to class early because it was right after our lunch.  And we would talk and she loved the fact that there were some students who wanted to come early.  I remember being very shocked the first time that she basically flunked the entire class on a writing assignment.  She was appalled that our grammar and how we wrote.  But she taught us, and I also remember later in the year when she had every single one of us read aloud an essay that we had written because she was so pleased with how far we have come.  I even remember that I had written about waterskiing I think which was something I did when I was in summer camp.  She absolutely loved what she did and I think she passed that on to students who were receptive to it. 

I finally got around to ripping a CD that I got from Elizabeth a long time ago of some of her favorite flute music, so now I can listen to it on my iPod.  I also came across a CD called quiet night – tranquil classics which has among other things some debussy, and Mozart.  Both of whom are composers who wrote some amazing stuff for flute.  Now that I have started listening to some things a bit more and very slowly starting to get back to my flute I feel more ready to listen to flute music.  Since I still have issues with my eyes – I can see very well that I can't look at anything intricate for very long – I'm not reading music.  So right now anything that I play is just in my head but eventually I think I will be able to read some music at least enough to satisfy myself for what I want to play.  And for now I can play notes from my head, and listen to some music. 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.