September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

May 3rd 2014 - Notes on the Page

Today I took out a book of sheet music, and began thumbing through it with my new reading glasses on...I was opening the door to a world I haven't seen for a couple years...it wasn't complicated classical stuff, but lovely songs from a movie....I started hearing the songs in my head, remembering the notes...then I settled on a song, and looked at the first couple of lines of music....all those little black marks on the lines of the staff, some with tails, or curved lines attaching one note to another...all of it music, all of it magic...a language all its' own, but a universal one...you can add words, but even without words the music still has meaning...and it speaks to me... 
Soon I'll pick up my flute and play the notes on the page...I'll still mix in freeform, I'm glad I discovered that part of music in me, but I want to start doing both, and soon I think I can...it's calling me.... 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.