September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 24th 2013 - Music is the Sound That Feelings Make

both of the girls are taking their last final today and between that and some family stuff it's been a crazy week and I was thinking today when I was playing my flute and how grateful I am to be able to put music back into my life.  Even if it's just a few minutes each day it makes a difference. 
I remember what Leena said to me – the quote she shared with me a while ago – "music is the sound that feelings make" – I love that.  And not only is it that music can evoke feelings, but you can speak your feelings through music.  You can scream out frustration, or babble out confusion, you can let sadness flow out of you and you can soothe yourself and you can just let your fingers do whatever they want to do.  That's actually good thing about not reading music I'm just letting my fingers do what it feels like they want to do as I build each day listening to the doubts (notes) really listening I take breaks in between each little bit of playing and that I listen to my body to know when I'm done. 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.