September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 14th 2012 - More Thinking About Connecticut Shooting

 – for some people in Connecticut this has suddenly become an absolutely horrible day.  As one of my Facebook friends posted, it is amazing that someone can go from no criminal record to a mass murderer in such a short time.  But as Kol Hadash posted today, today is a time for feeling and tomorrow is a time for thinking about the action that can be taken.  I like to think of myself as a positive person but when I read that someone killed his mother and then drove to school and let loose with guns and then killed himself there's just nothing good about that.  I hope that this will be an incident that will help to shed light on people who have any kind of mental illness or any kind of a problem that pushes them to moments of insanity, and the government will take a good hard look at gun control.  I know that it's people who kill with guns not the guns themselves but there are far too many people who have far too easy access to guns.  I'm grateful that the security at DHS is fairly good, but I can just imagine the nightmare of your child going off to school and then not coming home because of something like this.  Actually in a way I can't imagine it.  And as Pres. Obama said in his address, there have been far too many incidents in recent years of something like this.  It's just heartbreaking for everyone.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.