September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 5th 2013 - Music Matters

my daughter told me about someone who had posted about breaking there iPhone and found their siblings iPod shuffle and being able to listen to music made them feel better enough that they didn't care so much about the phone anymore, and my daughter thought it was really cool that it was all about the music.   
Joyce asked me recently when I listen to music but I think about, if I think about the key the music is, which I know she asked me because I'm a musician.  And I thought to myself "of course not" I do notice if it's out of tune because I don't enjoy music as much if it's as the word goes pitchy, but other than that I just enjoy the music listening to music that fits my mood.   
I was thinking how I begin my day playing my flute and I end my day listening to music.  And it just feels right to do that – and I think there are probably millions of stories out there about how music affects people's lives.  You don't have to spend hours listening to music, or make music for hours to feel how it speaks to you or how you can speak through the music. 
Personally I'm so grateful that I can hear music – and that I can make music – a world without music just wouldn't feel the same to me.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.