September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 12th 2014 - Step by Step to Sheet Music

I finally did it the other day - I played a line of music - sheet music that is.  I covered most of the page with a piece of paper and played one line.  Such a simple act..then I said to myself "wow, I did that"....Then I put on my reading glasses and played the same line....a little tougher with the glasses on in some ways, easier in others... 
I spoke to Ann today in vision therapy and we talked about ways to step by step be able to play sheet music again....Next time I go, I'll bring some music with me so I can work on the real thing with her....And I'll bring my flute to Feldenkrais so Joyce can see me in action... 
I don't know if I could do it if I wanted to go back to a professional life, but I just want to make music...I've heard people comment about so and so who had to give up music and I just can't understand that...music is and always will be part of who I am and I'm nowhere near ready to not have it in my life...maybe people who give it up are really just giving up... I don't know...I just know that I have to keep going...when someone asks me if I play I say "of course, everyday"  how could I not?  If I don't make music, I feel off, something is missing...I don't know if it's how dancers or artists feel, but I know it's how I feel... 
So instead of just being frustrated, I'll work with my therapists to go as far as I can and as long as I can... 

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.