September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 31st, 2019 Home therapy - or doing with intention




I did some new things in vision therapy today, which meant my Anxiety was triggered. After therapy, I remembered that in the beginning I couldn't do Feldenkrais or VT at home, & then eventually, I could.

I also remembered my home therapy kind of skidded to a halt (I wrote a post on 11/16/18 Anxiety & Depression - Recognition & progress).

I didn't talk about home therapy in that piece... I've been telling myself that integrating skills from therapy into activities is what matters, but I have a hunch doing home therapy - doing a specific thing with intention - also matters.

Christina says flooding myself isn't the way to go... but there's a big difference between flooding, & skidding to a halt... Joyce gave me a routine in May of 2017, when I had my big setback, to help my sensory system regroup - part of the Masgutova method she's trained in - which I still do, & I've made progress with it.

So I need to talk to Ann & Joyce about little ways to bring back home therapy... thinking this immediately triggers Anxiety... UGH... I hate how hard this is - there's so many triggers - but I have to do this... the only way to know what I can handle outside of sessions - & what will help me - is by trying.

And I have to admit, there's this little voice struggling to be heard inside my head, saying "damn it, you can do it!"


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.