September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 23rd, 2019 Work up to volunteering


Maisy (didn't e-mail her pic LOL)

I thought I'd share the e-mail I sent to the volunteer coordinator at Orphans of the Storm -

Hi Pam, I heard you were out sick today, & that I should try e-mailing you.

I spoke briefly with you about a week ago about being a greeter at orphans of the storm.  I thought I'd give you a bit more info, & see what might work. 

I've got some health limitations, & am trying to get back into volunteering.  I would not be able to be in the cat room, & might need to take breaks, where I'd be able to sit down. 

I've been a dog owner for nearly 12 yrs, & a cat owner (all 3 rescues, 2 from Orphans) for about 18 yrs.  I've dealt with health problems with all of them. 

If I could work up to an hour, would you be able to accommodate me as a Greeter, & socializing with the cats in the room where the cats are in crates/cages? Taking them out, & giving them attention?  I don't know if I could eventually do two hours.

Please let me know - you can reach me at (gave home ph no.).
Thanks - Tamar Schwartz

I'm also going to go with Ron to check out the cat adoption center at PetSmart - I've never been there, & I'd like to see it, hopefully talk to someone, see if they're open to accommodating me.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.