September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 22nd, 2019 Truth about rumination, frustration, acceptance




I'm going to call Orphans of the Storm 1 more time, & see if, given my needs, testing things out there is possible. I have to be prepared for disappointment.

I did a list today - not shown - re accommodations for someplace I might volunteer... I also wrote down my interests/what I'm good at... this was because Christina asked me if I was ruminating about this volunteering thing.

Truth - After I did the list, & thought some more, I realized "yup, ruminating.." & then I thought "why?"

I realized ruminating is Anxiety's way of saying "keep thinking about this - you'll come up with THE answer!"

Truth - Nope, actually I'll just drive myself crazy. 

Truth - realization - I'm incredibly frustrated with my limitations, something I don't generally let myself register.  I want to be the old me who could jump into volunteering where I wanted to... but that's no longer my reality.

I may not find something that takes the place of what music was for me... when you lose something you love, you deal with the loss, & figure out how to move on.

Truth - There IS no "The Answer" - there's working in rehab where the effort has pay-off, there's acceptance, & being able to say honestly to myself "I'm doing the best I can."


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.