September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

January 3rd, 2019 My sneaky, stealthy buddy - Anxiety


My Anxiety's just as real as my vision & vestibular disorders, & just as invisible.

here's my latest sign -  



I had vision therapy today... Ann & I agreed that while 2017 was a lousy year, 2018 was much better, I'm making progress, integrating all my therapies into my life... afterwards, I thought about how my anxiety works - sometimes I don't FEEL really anxious, but then I realize I'm going inward - the way Anxiety tricks my mind is so tricky - stealthy - I'm still in the process of understanding.

So, going back to my goals of flexibility & stamina - what are some ways to build these, & not feel like I'm letting Anxiety win?

1) I've done 4 days of going out in a row... could I try for 5?

2) could I go out the day after VT? This is a definite anxiety trigger, but I'm tired of making choices based on Anxiety - on what MAY happen

3) could I eventually go out more than once in a day? I actually DO do that - I go someplace, & then walk with Ron. Doing 2 outings plus the walk is BIG - but maybe something to work for.

4) keep on building my activities at home, what I do on a therapy day - remember that everything counts!

My anxiety's trying to get in my way -  thinking about what I can handle. There's a balance between acknowledging my disabilities, & trying my best to live a full life, & my Anxiety tells me to be very, very cautious. But the only way for me to know for SURE is to try - not with a 10 on the Exposure Richter scale, but still try.

The more I realize about how Anxiety works, the better - I can have more awareness... talking with Joyce (Feldenkrais) about goals is valid - reviewing what I'm doing at home, as well as with her, so I can keep moving forward.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.