September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

February 3rd, 2019 volunteering - 1 more step in the process


Our cat Molly

I checked out Adorable Adoptions - the cat adoption center housed in PetSmart, Northbrook.  It's a small enclosed, space that seems pretty quiet. I talked with Cindy, & Ron helped me fill out a volunteer application.

Once home, I gave more thought to when I could do this - keeping in mind this is about challenging, not overwhelming. I said I'd get back to her about when I'd start - doing once a week, for 2 hrs (instead of 3, which she's OK with) in the afternoon (I don't want to have to get there at 9 AM).

There's notes that sometimes get left, with instructions, & there's a page of volunteer basics posted on the wall - Ron can read the thing on the wall to me, but how much other reading will there be? I saw a couple notes - this would definitely be a challenge.


Left a message for her - have some more Qs-
I'm gonna ask -

1) is there a bottle I can use to then fill water bowls? There's no water in the adoption space, & I don't want to walk around balancing a little bowl of water.

2) what do I do if someone wants to adopt?  we talked about cat care, but not adoption

3) she had an iPad - is that hers, or do I need to deal with it?

4) is there a phone I'd need to answer?

So it was one more step - this is a process. I hope in sharing this, it's helpful for others.  This volunteering thing feels like a big deal for me – I show up for my therapies, but this feels different.  Eventually doing it when I've also got an appt. in the a.m.  This is a "try."

I've also decided I'm going to check out the Paws Chicago facility at PetCo - I want to know what my options are.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.