September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

February 4th, 2019 Forward focus - stepping towards progress




What I know -
1) it's really good that I'm ready to think about what makes for a fulfilling, satisfying life - PROGRESS!

2) I have 3 wonderful pets at home, & I'm happy to take care of them, but I realized I don't want to spend 2 hrs a week taking care of more cats.

What Cindy's doing at PetSmart is a good thing - within an extremely small space, & I'm curious about the facility at Petco, so I'm going to check it out.

3) what I really want/need is connections to people... some of this is by phone, some hopefully in person.

I like doing more things with my husband, Ron -
I'm going to attend another Shabbat service with him.  There's also a program on Wed. called Lunch & Learn that I'm going to try, again with Ron.
Getting reconnected a bit with our congregation would be very nice.

4) I'm not ready to do 2 outings in 1 day, but by doing the above, I'll be doing 4 or 5 outings in a week more frequently - PROGRESS

5) volunteering is a good thing to do, & I may find something that feels right for me at some point, but not now.

6) Focus - forward - I need to focus on what's good for me NOW.  My life may look very different, eventually, from what I'd once thought would be, & that's OK.  That recognition in itself is, actually, a BIG step of progress.




Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.