September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

February 27th, 2019 Additional treatment? more improvement?




I saw Dr. Mirsky (psychiatrist) today, gave him an update. Told him I'm going to see my new ENT next Tues., that this doc supposedly has expertise with vestibular stuff, mentioned my hyperacusis.
Dr. Mirsky mentioned a medication that may help with the hyperacusis, & is supposed to help with visual vestibular problems, and helps with anxiety.

He said he'd start me on a very low dose so my body could get acclimated.  We agreed that I would talk about it with this new ENT, & then email Dr. Mirsky.  I also found out that another psychiatrist whom I trust uses this medication frequently. So I want to hear what this ENT says, but I may very well give it a try.

I'm cautiously optimistic that with revisiting the syntonic light therapy, and maybe an additional medication, there can be more improvement. 




Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.