September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

February 6th, 2019 amazingly, some kind of success story



I've traveled a long way in 7+ yrs, but in a way, even longer in the past yr or 2 -

I remember when I couldn't picture myself doing 3 therapies a week, & certainly not showing up in person for all of them - CBT was often by phone.

I remember a yr ago, the idea of needing distance glasses, always using reading glasses for near work, & wearing sunglasses overwhelmed me - & now I'm doing ALL of that!

I'm not running away from VT - even thinking about incorporating it at home more consistently.

My mind is opening up - my thinking is changing, I'm trying, in small ways, & not so small - with scheduling, etc.

I realized I need to let go of how I thought my life would look - music, volunteering (I don't want to volunteer at something just to do it).

As I continue to improve, I need to keep my mind engaged - giving space for my emotions to breathe is important, but I don't want to provide a playground for my PTSD Anxiety (or Depression for that matter), so mindfulness, doing with intention, mental engagement matters.

I'm learning to recognize when my PTSD Anxiety gets triggered - which is often - & I'm learning to respond differently, as in "yup, you've shown up, I'm not surprised" - this is very much a work in progress, learning to live with PTSD Anxiety without letting it rule me.

Tolerating uncertainty - or rather learning to  - I don't know exactly what things I'm going to try, what will work for me. I'm going to see what opportunities present themselves to me, what I come up with.  PTSD Anxiety trigger - not knowing? yup, definitely.

Hopefully as I continue to make progress with my therapeutic goals, I'll figure things out. As I said in "Why I share my story?" (1-6-19) my story's ongoing - I don't have an ending yet. I don't like that, but I have to live with that.

And yet - & my PTSD Anxiety does NOT want me to claim this idea - amazingly, whatever I'm building could actually be good, be some kind of success story - different, but still a success.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.