September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

February 20th, 2019 Self-care, choices



As of March 1, I'll have been working with Christina - CBT - for 1 year... I've tried a lot of things, and I think I'm getting better at distinguishing my PTSD anxiety from my other disorders - vestibular migraine/migraine associated vertigo, IBS (which ties into my VM/MAV), & vision.

I've said that I don't want to make choices, but the reality is that everyone has to make choices - that's a part of life -& it's more a part of my life because of my disorders.  For me, making choices can be really complicated, & I don't like that - who would?

There are lots of reasons for doing things - feeling connected to others, productive, etc. - but self-care can never take a back seat in my life.  Taking care of myself is not being selfish, it's being smart, having self compassion... It's really the springboard to all kinds of other things.

I'm still learning, but I've also been on quite a learning curve ever since I got sick in September 2011, & I can apply all of that to my current life. Which means that sometimes, I have to make a choice that makes me feel a whole host of emotions. It's hard.

I still want to be open to trying, but there are limits to what is reasonable for me to try.  There are limits to what mixes with all of my therapies.  I'm also figuring out how much home therapy my neurological self can handle.  And I need to balance all of this out with living, & self-care so that I am as able as is possible for me to be. 

Ultimately, this is my story, my life - & a lesson I have to remind myself of, is that comparing myself to others, or thinking that others are judging me for my decisions/choices is utterly unhelpful.  I need to take all of the information, & do the best I can - which won't be perfect, & that's okay.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.