September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

July 29, 2019 Time for another list? yup.


The reason I share my lists is because I want others to have a better understanding of what sorts of things are worth noting in the realm of neurological rehab, that even seemingly small accomplishments matter.

1) Texting people beyond immediate family members.

2) taking 3 pictures on MY phone at Chicago botanic Gardens.

3) going to a different part of the Gardens on our recent visit - with Ron, my daughters, & my aunt & uncle



4) bending my knees when I do one of my Feldenkrais home therapy exercises.

5) recognizing that being on my own when Ron and Leena join Cara in London will be a challenge in itself.

6) weeding my flower pots, & keeping all the plants alive.

7) letting myself think about things - as in "will I someday???" which can sometimes feel really frustrating, but allowing myself to wonder is still a positive.

8) my flute playing, though short, is more melodic - like a little tune.

9) experimenting a bit more on the piano.

10) sometimes reading texts.

11) keeping on doing my vision home therapy.

12) recognizing that every little thing that moves me back towards some independence is very positive. Becoming so dependent on others because of getting sick was a major negative, & anything I can do to regain independence is a plus.



13) coming up with another list - this one. It's interesting that once a list is started, it grows, & gets my brain onto a different track.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.