September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

August 1, 2019 - Neurological integration - layer upon layer


This drawing is what grew out of my thoughts about neurological integration... I thought about all the bits that slowly come together, forming a new, larger piece, & how those pieces then become building blocks for more - so there are layers of neurological integration.

The "x" is because of how, to me, all my therapies intersect, & build on each other. Interestingly, my vision therapist Ann - to whom I showed the picture on my phone - said that diagonal lines, as opposed to using only horizontal or vertical, are a sign of integration.

The popcorn vectogram is a tool I used today for convergence and divergence, & I was proud of how long I was able to use it before needing a break.



I also used one of those old fashioned overhead projectors with a transparent picture of a bunch of mice on a skating rink - I had to find different objects hidden in the mice.

I was able to find seven (one was a pair of glasses hidden in ears, one was an ice cream cone in a hat), some of which I pointed out by circling the appropriate mouse, & crossing out the picture on the border.

My session was a work-out, but I thought to myself when I was done "I really AM making progress, understanding this whole process of integration - it really would make no sense to stop. PTSD Anxiety's physiologically reactive. But I can work, slowly, in layers, to recognize it, and hopefully respond and healthier ways. I need to keep going."

I'm incredibly lucky & grateful to be able, nearly eight years in, to be able to do my interconnecting - Feldenkrais, vision, and cognitive behavioral – therapies.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.