September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

August 5, 2019 new social network, support



I looked at a post written May 16th, 2018 (My positive List), & saw how far I've come in a little over a year. It's important for me to see this. It's also important for me to recognize that I'm not going to do things exactly the way I did prior to getting sick, so a slightly different mindset matters.

People like to have stories with endings, with neatly packaged words of wisdom - life lessons if you will - delivered. I really can't offer that. What I can offer is a window into how I approach my life situation, my problem solving.

I am committed to continuing to do my home therapy vision exercises, as well as my Feldenkrais. I will try things that feel worthwhile to me - doing things purely to fill time doesn't feel good.

I'll do what I can to continue to build my stamina.

I want to fulfill my responsibilities as best I can.

I don't do the musical activities I once did, which provided a rich network - it's time for me to move on.  I don't know if I'll find new activities outside my home, but much of what I do for enjoyment is solitary - fulfilling, but solitary.

I need to find a new social circle, an in-person social network, people who understand & are supportive of my health situation. I'm grateful for my family, & for the friends I do talk to, but I need something more.

I'll need to figure this out.  I'll start looking for a support group by talking with my therapists, & anyone else who may be helpful.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to August 5, 2019 new social network, support

  1. Why haven't you pursued making music with Jake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done improv with anyone, & it would only be for like 5 min... I'll see what he says

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.