September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

July 11, 2019 Keep it simple, & enjoy along the way


I talked with Ann - vision therapy - & got 2 ideas for outings -

1) take a short train ride from one suburb to another, with a goal of what I'll do - doesn't have to be a big thing - at my destination - having a thing to do is important. She thought actually going somewhere would be better than just sitting at the train station, thinking about doing it.

2) when Ron runs an errand, go with him - I haven't been inside some of the stores around here for a long time, but I have been to some - so it's about doing it a bit more regularly.

How to vary things with my Brock string -
1) Use all 3 beads, so I have to switch my gaze from the 1st to the last

2) vary the location of where I do it

3) vary the speed with which I do it

Using my stripes -
1) hold my markers at different levels in front of the stripes

2) use 2 different kinds of objects - like a pen & a marker - the smaller target adds difficulty

3) vary the speed

4) vary the distance between the objects

Things I've done that weren't so intentional, but presented themselves -

walking around one of our cats, or our dog, when I do my infinity walk.

stopping in the middle of an exercise to pay attention to one of our pets - which might even mean balancing on 3 points (2 legs, 1 arm) instead of all fours!

Some intentional things I've done - that are worth noticing -

1) going on my computer before CBT

2) posting pics - some of drawings - with my posts

3) changing the litter boxes by myself

4) changing the water filter attached to our kitchen sink by
myself

There's lots of simple ways to challenge myself. And I'm not going to forget to encourage myself, AND enjoy - little moments, & not so little. This story of mine is NOT just about a destination.




Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.