September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 30th, 2018 Info re treating Anxiety


Info links re treatment of Anxiety -

1) the site for the center where Christina works - even if you don't live in the Chicago metro area, this will give you an idea of what to look for in your area.


2) good basic info re CBT - many people oversimplify this therapy modality, & perhaps because of this, believe it is more short-term... like any therapy, the length depends on the individual, what they are being treated for, etc.


3) understanding various cognitive distortions is important, takes time, & once there is awareness/understanding, putting these into practice takes time - a process


4) Also known as worry exposure, this is challenging - & starting with whatever ranks for you as a 2 or 3, as opposed to a 10, is much more likely to be successful


A good therapist will look at the big picture of your life, & help you apply these ideas... I'm finding it to be helpful, & challenging.  For me, CBT is more effective because I'm also under the supervision of a psychiatrist.

One goal I left out of my previous list - to, as much as possible, not let Anxiety win.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.