September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 9th, 2018 Thinking logically about VT


Vision overlaps with SO much - cognitive processing, eye gaze switching, tracking, figure ground (being able to make sense of multiple elements you see), vestibular ocular reflex (image stabilization), depth perception, and I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out! 

I'll have vision therapy (VT) with Ann next week, and then I'll see Dr. Margolis (my developmental optometrist) at the end of the month. 

Christina (CBT -cognitive behavioral therapy) is very helpful, and has learned about vestibular and visual systems, and disorders.  But it's accurate to say that Joyce (Feldenkrais - balance), Ann and Dr. Margolis understand much more. 

Anxiety/avoidance is not a good reason to stop - as in "doing VT makes me anxious" - but doing VT indefinitely isn't either.  I need to talk with Ann, and Dr. Margolis about my future treatment - "what makes sense for me to work on, that's specific to VT? What frequency of sessions?". 

Where do I want to put my energy/efforts moving forward?

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.