September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 7th, 2018 Trying more, & more, big & small


I decided it was time for another reminder to myself of what I've done in recent months -

What I've reclaimed-

1) walking our dog by myself
2) dealing with laundry on my own
3) watching movies
4) getting to appts on my own by taking taxis
5) going to a local matinee theatrical production with Ron
6) doing more in person sessions with Christina
7) trying to be more flexible, telling myself I can handle it, manage my MAV, CI AND anxiety

These are all pretty big. There are smaller ones as well -

1) being able to vary the play I do with Molly to keep her engaged
2) organizing the clothing in my drawer
3) experimenting a little bit when I play our electric piano keyboard
4) touching the dirt in houseplants, while holding the watering can in the other hand, to see if they're dry

5) letting myself be in "I'll give it a try" mode more often
6) handling occasional phone calls - stores, Ron, etc.

Some of what I'm still working on -

1) distinguish between problem-solving (positive) and ruminating (not so much), more doing -
2) building stamina
3) connecting more with friends/family by phone

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.