September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 26th, 2018 Resilience


When I'd hear people say "focus on the positive" I'd think "that's just stupid Pollyanna crap - that's not reality!"

I finally realized focusing on the positive doesn't mean ignoring all the difficult, messy stuff.. it means paying attention to, dwelling on whatever is in some way good

Sometimes finding the positive is like getting to the other side of a storm...

Looking outside today at branches of  bushes & trees, all bowed down from the weight of the heavy snow, I thought about resiliency - what survives, and even thrives is what bends, what is flexible...

For people, it takes a lot of strength, determination, resourcefulness and patience, to be flexible, & to rebound... but I think it's worth it.

I want to try to be the growing thing that has resilience.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.