September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 15th, 2018 Acceptance & synergy co-exist, or Calling a taxi


I'd begun wondering if I was right about the synergy - and I looked up the definition -
"the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects."

My mistake about my synergy - in my case, all my therapies working together - was thinking it would now be an even, upward slope - no more zigs and zags to my rehab.

Today I had to take a taxi to and from vision therapy - VT. I always get texts when the taxi is on its' way.  I was done with my session, and got the text. Then I saw a taxi driving back and forth right past the building.  My first thought was "Oh my God, it's gonna leave, I'll have to order another one, shit!". 

Then I remembered from a different taxi ride, that I'd figured out the driver's cell phone number is embedded in the text. My first thought was "I can't do this" but then I just kind of DID it -  I took out my phone, accessed the text, and called - he picked up, and I ended up in the taxi.

I was still anxious and stressed, but also a bit surprised that I had done it.  I said to myself "that was hard, but you did it, & now you're on your way home." 

There ARE gonna be times - like the Shabbat service with the video clips - when I'll be too challenged, and have to accommodate, and say to myself "yup, this is too much for me right now."  But there will ALSO be times when I'm challenged, and CAN do it.

Acceptance and synergy are NOT mutually exclusive.  Neurological rehab is never a straight line. I know Dr. Margolis (developmental optometrist) reads my posts - he actually told me - but I'm glad I'll have a chance to talk with him soon, as I continue moving forward. Making progress still feels a bit scary, but it also feels good.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.