September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 24th, 2018 Owning, having goals


For the first time in a long time, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Dr. Margolis next week... he's really nice, but my anxiety & depression made me want to avoid.

Now I have some idea of what I'm gonna talk about, & having goals doesn't seem ridiculous or far-fetched

1) I want to work on flexibility - which on a systemic level is about much more than scheduling

2) I want to work on endurance/stamina

3) I want to work on socializing

4) I want to learn to use an iPhone - that's a huge step for me... I've been phobic about them, so I've had a basic phone for 6 yrs - yup, the same phone - I'm ready now for a smart phone

5) other - I don't really know, but I want to leave myself open to possibilities

These goals aren't all new, and they're all multi-systemic, but actually SAYING they're goals I want to work on feels very different... Saying them means I'm really owning them... I can HAVE goals - I don't think owning my MAV, CI and anxiety means I can't ALSO have, work on goals, even while being present focused.

It's one thing to do therapies, it's another when those therapies start getting integrated into my daily life - & in bits & pieces, I think that's happening.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.