September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 1st, 2018 Audio tools


I can read brief sentences, and do a bit better with my own writing - comprehension's easier because I know what I said - but reading is still a major challenge.  So, I rely heavily on these tools -


1) Google Translate - you copy and paste text in - up to 5000 characters now, and click on the speaker icon... it's a computer voice, but improved even over 5 years ago.

2) Audible.com - this is thru Amazon - there's a $14.95 monthly fee, but you get credits, so I've never paid more than my monthly fee, because I've only needed my credits for the books I've gotten... I listen to these on my iPad.

3) Talking Books - http://www.ilbph.org/ - this is the link for Illinois, but it's available nationally... I needed a doctor's note when I first got this, not sure if you still do, but worth it - loads of great books, all used on a really easy, special Talking Books Player... Wonderful readers - many are not names you'll hear about in the media, but they do a fantastic job!

4) choice magazine listening - http://www.choicemagazinelistening.org/

Another one I needed a note for, but worth it - I get a cartridge, which I use in my Talking Books Player, 4 times a year... poems, fiction, all kinds of articles from different publications - I never like everything, but I always really like/find interesting a lot... again, wonderful narrators!

5) I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking - a voice recognition computer software program which I had to purchase, but well worth it... I use a combo of keyboard and the software program to write... I wear a headset with mic and earphones, and it's learned my voice... takes some practice to get used to it, but worth it!

6) sometimes Ron reads to me :-)




Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.