September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

November 21st, 2018 Keep experimenting, relearning flexibility


Getting sick, and being flexible didn't work, & as I work thru the layers of anxiety & depression, I want to regain flexibility.

I used to be a lot more flexible, but when I got sick, and SO many things became more work, flexibility was very difficult - involved so much thought - felt like too much, & soon flexibility meant anxiety - my automatic thought became "Oh no, I can't!" - and that led to catastrophizing. 

Flexibility & vision therapy -
taking a day off, if there's an event I want to try,  makes sense.

Flexibility & activity
Trying different times of the afternoon to watch bits of my movies, to make phone calls to friends/family, to draw, to play our piano keyboard.

Trying means just that, trying, experimenting - some things will work, some won't. There's little bits & ways of trying - a 2 or 3, rather than a 10 on the Anxiety scale.
I'll do the best I can with whatever DOES happen... recent experiments have shown me I'll accommodate, and recover.

Tried (& required some kind of flexibility)-

Shabbat service - yes, but check ahead of time.
Adult Education (Cong. Sunday School) ditto above.
A matinee play with Ron - yes
musical - no
Chicago botanic Garden - yes
phone calls - yes



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.