September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 7th, 2018 Normal is a range... rediscovering hope




I'm having stretches of what I think is normal, healthy productivity at home - what Christina calls activities of daily living - ADL... not completely symptom-free, which is OK.

I'm telling myself not to compare to my pre-illness self... these stretches feel oddly strange, kind of surprise me, but I know it's good :-) I want as much normal as possible - normal isn't - I don't think - one spot, there's a range. 

In neurological rehab speak, I'm starting to have times when I can multi-task on a more complex level -

1) proud of myself - chatted with the exterminator tech today, instead of just what was absolutely necessary

2) getting my lunch started when the tech was here 

3) emptying the dishwasher while on hold with Walgreens - which meant noise in the background

4) washing a pot is no longer as challenging

5) doing a load of laundry is no longer a major day's activity

6) going with Ron to Cosmo's senior wellness check at the vet - she'll be surprised to see me - I've been by phone for several years!

7) I'm using a smart phone!

I still can get really tired, & need to remind myself of what I've done that day, & that it's OK to be tired - this is how I slowly get stronger.
  
If someone had told me a year ago how improved I'd be now, I wouldn't have been able to take it in, believe it.  A year ago, depression, & anxiety shrouded and obscured hope from view. It's coming into view again.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.