September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 10th, 2018 Expand my world




I started this blog back in 2014... prior to that, I posted on my personal FB page... I've written about my journey - specifically in my piece dated 10/24/18 (timeline of progress), & 11/16/18 (my journey with anxiety & depression mixed in).

Some things I've realized recently -
1) I like getting out of the house - & it's good for me

2) I don't love taking taxis, but I'm more comfortable now, & taxis give me some level of independence

3) I want to be with people

4) I want to do something that feels meaningful

5) My role as a mom is a forever role, but also always changing.

6) I'll always be a musician at heart, but I'm no longer connected to the world of music the way I once was.

7) I've become a really good listener, & am also very empathic and compassionate.

I'm thinking about some kind of volunteering - maybe at a local hospital, maybe a nursing home.  I thought about this a few years ago, looked at one application, & got overwhelmed. 

I want to revisit this idea, which means doing more than looking at an application.  It means gathering info, trying, seeing if something is workable.  I want to think about  - perhaps write about - other people (anonymously, of course, unless they chose otherwise). I know my journey's not over, but I also know I want to expand my world, to the extent I can.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

One Response to December 10th, 2018 Expand my world

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.