September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 24th, 2018 Volunteering




The holidays aren't, in my opinion, just about receiving - also about giving... so I thought I'd share my take on volunteermatch.org -

1) you make an account - fairly easy

2) you choose causes, areas of interest, & what skills you have to offer - I needed help due to my computer limitations, but you could do this on your own - depends on your disability

3) you click on "save" for each section

4) click on "recommendations" - you get a screen with all what the site came up with depending on what info you put in, & then you can click on "learn more" to get more info. There's also a "contact" to click on.

This site seems to be for commitment - people who are serious about volunteering (no idea how organizations get listed).  Christina said that it looked different from when she'd last looked at it - it's a sophisticated site.

One major drawback was we couldn't see a way to indicate preferred distance to travel.

For someone who wants to "dip a toe in," like me, it's not really helpful. I'll have to think about who/where to contact locally.  

In the meantime, I'll try some new member calls for VeDA (the vestibular disorders Association - www.vestibular.org).



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.