September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 15th, 2018 I've come a long way




Instead of comparing myself to how things were before I got sick in September 2011, I decided to compare myself to how I'm doing now, compared to the first year of my illness -

I can take walks outside - in fact, I can walk Cosmo by myself

I can cook at the stove - & not be wiped out

I can do a load of laundry without Ron's help - I use a bag to take everything down, I can get stuff from the washing machine to the dryer, & then back upstairs in multiple trips

I can put things in my oven, which includes lifting things in and out of it

I can prepare 2 separate grocery lists - 1 short one for smaller errands, & 1 long

I can put groceries away - including some downstairs in basement storage if Ron is not available

I can play my flute for a few minutes a day

I can listen to audiobooks, both on my iPad and my talking books player

I can listen to music on my iPhone

I can use my computer, with help from Dragon NaturallySpeaking

I can draw, & use our piano keyboard

I can think, problem solve!

I spend more time OUT of bed, than IN bed!

I can handle some phone calls

I can water the houseplants

I can load and unload the dishwasher

I can wash pots

I can write reminder notes to myself

I can write this blog, including sometimes posting pics now! The pic for this piece is part of my little corner of the basement - including my started List #3

I'm using an iPhone!

I sometimes do outings - I'm trying!

I have diagnoses, and I'm showing up for my therapies!

I take care of our pets

I can take taxis

I'm watching movies again

I'm using special glasses, & I'm back to using reading glasses (now tinted), & sunglasses 

Some of this list is a repeat, but that's on purpose - I want to keep reminding myself of what I've accomplished ... Clearly, even though I still have symptoms, I've come a long way - I need to focus - REALLY focus - on what I CAN do.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.