September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

December 19th, 2018 OWNING the positive, or climbing out of "the rabbit hole"


Thinking about pulling myself "out of the rabbit hole," I drew this last night -



I commented on FB in a vestibular group that it's WAY too easy to "fall down the rabbit hole"... I love when my daughters come home on break, but I start thinking about what I can't do with them, and yup, down the rabbit hole I go...
SO, I thought, "OK, how can I make the positive stuff more "sticky"? "

I thought about how I used to listen to Jason Mraz's music, & then I stopped... last night, I pulled up his newest album - I give myself credit that I'd bought it, even though I didn't listen to it - & actually listened to 2 songs.

As I listened, I thought "he's not ignoring all the bumps and bruises that people can get on their journeys, how hard life can be... he's choosing to focus on the positive, to remind people about the joy of living...". 

Focusing on the positive means I have to SAY it, make a conscious choice to pay attention, & OWN every single thing - not negate the little stuff.. write it down, draw it, SAY it out loud... Every. Single. Day.

I'm GOING to reclaim feeling good about what I can do - believe goodness can co-exist with the sadness of loss, own the reframing I can do of my negative thoughts... I'm not going to let Anxiety, & its' buddy Depression, win!

I have the right - everyone with vestibular & vision disorders does - to a worthwhile life!


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.