September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

September 29th, 2018 Enough for now...


I'm conflicted re how CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) fits in for me long term - I've gotten a lot out of it - I think I'll see how this month goes, rather than thinking about months ahead.

I also feel conflicted re vision therapy (VT) - this ISN'T about anxiety... it's about what I want to focus my energies on... Do I want to do less of it - say, twice a month? If I did that, would I try something new? Maybe first I'd see how it'd be to do less.

Congregation - there's one social group with my congregation that might work.  Sometimes a special event.

CBG - Chicago botanic Garden - seems like a good choice - it's an easy ride for me, & I can go to a familiar garden (it's really multiple gardens in one), or try something different if I choose to, with Ron, my aunt and uncle, or a friend... I used to often think "CBG is the only place I can go," but it's a wonderful place to go, so why not go regularly?

Phone calls - yes, this again - and I don't have to plan weeks ahead on this, though a bit of planning is good. Friends, relatives (a cousin, my parents, my aunt, my daughters).

A few special events because of Ron's involvement in organizations.

What I do at home. 

This picture actually looks pretty good - in fact it looks like plenty for me! Living with my invisible disorders, but not completely ruled by them.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.