September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

September 19th, 2018 A hopeful realist, not a perfectionist...


"for us, there is only the trying.  The rest is not our business." T.S. Eliot

To me, this means what we own, what we have control over is trying, our own personal effort, not the aftermath.

Planning - I plan all the time... It's true that sometimes the planning itself is really difficult, but I think sometimes the anxiety for me is about the actual event.

Perfectionist - Anxiety makes me a perfectionist - I want to plan for every single possible contingency... this is impossible - there will always be something I could not have anticipated, and I just have to do the best I can.

Limited resource  - part of me wants to make every single moment absolutely the best it can be - since my energy is limited, I don't want to waste it. But I'm not always going to make the perfect choice about what to do, how to spend my time and that's okay... Whether you have 1 year, or 6 years or 60 years left, there will be wonderful, lousy and a whole lot of somewhere in between moments - that's life.

Limitations and obstacles - everyone has limitations, and everyone faces obstacles - if I look around, I'm going to find someone worse off than me, and someone better off - the reality is that I'm somewhere on the continuum, so I want to feel compassion for those less fortunate, and face whatever I have to face.

Rehab - Feldenkrais, vision therapy, and dealing with my Anxiety so that it doesn't inhibit my progress - was about getting better, which meant being symptom-free.  I'm not sure anymore... I believe that if I am trying, challenging myself - boring, stagnating doesn't feel good - then maybe I'll never be free of symptoms... I really don't know... Maybe the point is to minimize the really bad symptoms, the setbacks, but still be living, still be trying.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.