September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

September 25th, 2018 "Test-driving" - doing


Rehab isn't an end, it's a means to an end.  I've been noticing myself doing little bits - and sometimes not so little -  more here and there, and doing is the way to build confidence.  I also know that I need to honor the energy capacity that I have right now.

DOING more means being more flexible with rehab. Skipping a session if something comes up that I want to DO.  My rehab is tiring, time consuming. Doing more phone - rather than in-person -  sessions of CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy).  I'd rather put my going-out energy towards other things - I have 3 opportunities for social events with Ron next week! It's very unusual for me to even be contemplating this, let alone DOING them.

Today turned into an at-home day, so I scheduled a needed haircut for tomorrow.  I was a bit nervous when I made the call.  Yes, this feels a bit scary, but it's time to start "test-driving" all my rehab work.




Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.