September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

September 3rd, 2018 3 memories...


1) I asked Ron last night if he remembered taking me to my first neurologist appointment, the day after the night I got sick - he said he did "you could barely walk that day"


2) I remember that same doctor saying to Ron re BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is what he said I had - and nothing else - that dealing with the crystals was like "balancing a bowling ball on the head of a pin" I remember trying to get that image in my head - I mean what did we know?!

Given what I now know about crystals and BPPV, that explanation has got to be one of the dumbest and strangest... That doctor didn't know what he was talking about!  See the Wikipedia link below for some decent information on BPPV.

3) I remember the first time I worked with a PT who I'd worked with - successfully I might add - after having hand surgery... I happened to mention to her about my balance/vertigo troubles and she said she could help me...

So there I was lying on a padded table, and she wanted me to turn my head to the side - I had literally not been moving my head from side to side for at least two months (I saw her either mid-November or the very beginning of December) - because it felt so bad... If I had been thinking straight, I would have realized the complete lack of movement is not a good idea, but I wasn't...

So I moved my head, and discovered to my dismay that it was REALLY difficult, and really painful... I told her it hurt, and she just said "I know"...

Despite the fact that she was a PT she did absolutely nothing to help me... When I finally (in May) found out about Joyce - my OT/Feldenkrais practitioner - and stopped working with the PT, that PT finally admitted that she didn't know what was going on.

I am not as I was pre-illness, but I HAVE improved since then!


NOTE: as I said in a previous post, I DO believe there are excellent PTs out there

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.