September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

September 17th, 2018 My 5 not so little insights...


1) challenging is okay - doing rehab is kind of like going to school - it never really gets easy because you are always challenging yourself - and that's OK.

2) planning - I forgot that if you're going to do things, there is planning involved - sometimes the planning is enjoyable, and sometimes it's an annoying pain in the butt.

3) yes, keep going - I remember realizing a while back that when I'm tired or frustrated or feeling down, that my anxiety gets triggered... What I just realized is that when my anxiety gets triggered, my knee-jerk reaction is to stop rehab, in particular vision therapy (VT) because it's challenging.

But the question isn't whether it's challenging, and the point isn't to focus on that crystal ball in the future and wonder how I will be in six months... the point is if I'm integrating my rehab into my current life - and the answer to that is yes, AND whether or not I am still making progress right now - and the answer to that is definitely "yes" - so that means keep going, and that includes VT.

4) something will work  - I'm not a statistician, but if you try a bunch of different things I'm pretty sure that the chances are pretty high that something - for any number of reasons - isn't going to work out, BUT I'm also pretty sure that there's also a really good chance that something will!

5) positivity = anxiety trigger - when I start to think positive, interestingly it always triggers my anxiety - that old negative thinking loop... So I have to say "okay, anxiety's happening, but that doesn't mean I stop."

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.