September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 7th, 2018 Seedlings of self-compassion


I want to still notice the little stuff too - it will always matter -

checking my e-mail after being out to Adult Ed with Ron

walking the dog, and then taking a phone call

getting out for more than appts.

using a new spice (Allspice replaces Clove - a migraine trigger)

changing it up a bit when I play with Molly to keep her engaged

hand writing things I've done on a few days

experimenting when I play our piano keyboard

acknowledging my anxiety, ALSO letting myself feel positive

learning to load and unload our new (machine) dishwasher

Giving myself permission to take time, to not always get it exactly right, to keep trying, to know that trying doesn't mean I'm not trying to be present in each moment - there's SO much that's NOT mutually exclusive.

I think this is what the very beginnings - the seedlings if you will - of self compassion feels like.




Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.