September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 5th, 2018 4 not so simple truths


My husband Ron is a volunteer for a wonderful organization called Faith in Action, and I went with him to a gratitude party for the volunteers.  I was impressed with what I learned about FIA.  My take-aways -

1) human - having invisible disorders does mean that I feel frustration, disappointment, sadness along with a host of other emotions... but the point really is how much, and how long - EVERYONE feels these - we're human.

2) understanding & self advocacy - becoming isolated can make you forget that there are many, many people with all sorts of health struggles... this doesn't invalidate mine, but truly none of us is alone... and while it's true that others may not understand MY issues, perhaps *I* don't fully understand theirs.  So we need compassion, & to advocate for ourselves when necessary.

3) unknown - I'd like to think that nothing bad will ever happen to me again, but the truth is I really don't know.  I can't protect myself from everything.  I can recognize that this truth is uncomfortable, and know that I'll do the best I can to deal with whatever comes up.

4) what's possible?  A process - I ALSO really don't know what good things will happen - how much I can still improve... sometimes I think I do, but that's as impossible as knowing for SURE what's going to happen in my life... this is a process, it takes time, and growing awareness is super important.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.