September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 12th, 2018 Rebuilding my social life


Like everything else about my rehab, rebuilding my social life is a process - I need to be patient.  To show myself I'm trying, I'm writing this down, and sharing it.

1) committee involvement - Values in Action (formerly the community service committee of our congregation) may not work, but I've spoken with the chair - a really nice woman named Lynn.  Maybe something this year will work - I'll see.

2) low-key social - I reached out to a lovely woman named Joyce, who has formed a new congregation club simply called Women Enjoying - WE.  I'm hoping to figure out some low key socializing with a couple women Joyce knows.

3) Music, or art therapy probably won't work, for a number of reasons, but this might be OK - I'm not interested in analyzing my art or music.  

4) possible connection - On the plus side, my vision therapist Ann has spoken to a patient of Dr. Margolis (my developmental optometrist) whom she doesn't work with, but who is a musician.  I'm hoping she and I will be able to connect by phone - I think we'd have a lot to talk about.

5) Out with Ron - I'm going to try a 3 p.m. matinee of a play at our high school, and a Shabbat service with Ron.  These will both present challenges, but I want to see how they go.  This will be in addition to going to the Chicago botanic Gardens with him.  These outings will be spread out. 

Some things won't work out, some things will - that's what happens when I experiment... I remind myself again to let myself feel the frustrations, disappointments of what doesn't work, AND the positive of what does... I need to keep trying.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.