September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 26th, 2018 synergy.. actually kind of cool


Yes, something very bad happened to me in Sept. 2011... but I'm also fortunate...

I live in the Chicago metro area, where I could - eventually - get my migraine associated vertigo diagnosis from a neurologist, my Dx of irritable bowel syndrome from a gastroenterologist, convergence insufficiency from a developmental optometrist,  AND receive quality care/treatment from -

a Feldenkrais practitioner
a cognitive behavioral therapist
a psychiatrist (start meds)
a vision therapist (finally ready for special glasses)

& last but definitely not least, much needed support of all kinds to DO all of this, AND be able to KEEP doing, working to improve.

Retraining the brain on multiple levels is NOT a fast process - something my psychiatrist always reminds me of when I see him.

I'm noticing things now - when I let myself notice - some subtle, some not so subtle (shorter afternoon rest)... there's some kind of synergy happening between all of the treatments I'm doing ... there's all these little pieces showing me, undeniable proof that change is still happening in me.

Taking a break - either because someone is unavailable or because I choose to, to give myself a chance to try what I can't do when I'm busy with therapy, and to let my neurological self absorb and process, makes sense.

But stopping - because it's hard, because it's slow, tedious, because it's frustrating, etc.  - is NOT the right choice.  There are these moments when it's also kind of amazing - it's wow, look what I just did!


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.