September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

October 17th, 2018 Is it #1 or #2 - Worry, that is...



I decided to make myself a sign, because I think stopping, and recognizing which kind of worry it is, is important. 

When I Googled Worry 1 vs Worry 2, I got a lot of info re worry vs anxiety, but no good definitions of these 2 kinds of worry, which surprised me.  There's an important distinction in the field of treatment of anxiety, regarding these two kinds of worry.

Worry 1 - this is a real, actual problem - could be long term, short term, big, small, in between, whatever - but it's real, and hopefully can be fixed, or at least minimized and/or managed.

Worry 2 - this is not an actual problem, it's worrying about something that COULD happen.

Sometimes there's things you can do to prevent the likelihood of something happening.  This can make a lot of sense - safety rules are a great example of this. But there's no way to predict for sure what will happen. 



Letting go of a worry 2 isn't easy, but doing what I can in the moment, is really all I can do.  The only thing I really have control over is myself, in this moment.

Photo credit - Ron


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.