September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 8th, 2018 Thinking back, and moving forward....


I saw an otoneurologist in July of 2012, and searching for him online now, I see that he'd only been in practice for 2 years, which may explain some things.

The positives - he correctly diagnosed that I still had BPPV -benign paroxysmal positional vertigo - despite having been treated by my former PT, Janet... he gave me a DVD with precise instructions on how to do the Epley maneuver... as he said, it took 2 weeks to correct.

He accurately diagnosed vertiginous migraine (VM), or migraine associated vertigo (MAV)... I had to do a full battery of tests (VERY difficult for me) because this diagnosis can only be reached by ruling out other vestibular problems.

The negatives - I know he meant well, but he put me on some supplements which turned out to be damaging to my liver, though thankfully my liver recovered - though full recovery took 9 months.

He said nothing about a migraine diet... there was a brief note at the bottom of the visit summary I received, but I had to find out on my own (with some help from my mother) about food triggers... I have a great many food triggers, and following a migraine diet helped me significantly.

another frustration - he said nothing to me about vision when I saw him...


Anyway, as I think back on my experience with this otoneurologist I saw, and other experiences I've written about in this blog, I have a choice to make - to hang on to anger, frustration, etc. about what didn't go right, OR I can think about what DID go right, and that what I have control over is to move forward, with the knowledge, and medical team I have now...

I have to make a conscious choice towards as much recovery as is possible for me.


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.