September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 29th, 2018 A conversation with myself - what/how I'm doing NOW...


The July 4th holiday got me thinking, and I decided to share this -

I've told myself not to compare myself to others, and that I miss things I used to do, but it suddenly hit me - I compare myself to MYSELF... wow, this is so unfair to myself - I got sick, which really and truly was NOT, and never will be my fault.

SO, how am I doing, given my vertiginous migraine and vision disorders, and my Anxiety/PTSD - I've done SOMETHING on every single one of my worst days, and on my good days, yes, I'm definitely functional...
"that's a BIG deal, Tamar... stop punishing yourself for what you can't do... you DO:
laundry, grocery lists, put away groceries, empty and fill the dishwasher, wash pots, clean litter boxes, feed pets, water houseplants, cook a LOT, a few other random household tasks... 
AND play your flute a few minutes each day, colored pencil drawings, write, play the piano keyboard, walk the dog with Ron every day, post on your blog site FB page, listen to audio books... AND you're working in your therapies to improve..."

"yes, you need help with some things, and yes, there's a lot you don't do anymore, but look at all you DO do...AND you're trying really hard to work on your Anxiety/PTSD so you can do more... that IS doing your best... enough with the negative crap...".

I need to let myself off the hook... self-blame's a nasty bugger that apparently runs deep - distorted thinking of a truly rotten kind. And if I do? Then I say,
"OK, this thing happened - I got sick, and I'm gonna do the best I can with what I have today, including moving forward as much as is possible...".

Writing this piece made me realize
1) how repetitive my thoughts are when I ruminate, and
2) how negative my thinking gets

About July 4th - Ron and I will look at the flower show at the Park district, and if I'm up to it, we'll walk around the booths for a few minutes, before he takes me home.





Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.