September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 1st, 2018 another memory- an attempted outing gone wrong, & self-forgiveness


I thought about whether to write about this... this memory that I think I flashback on because it was an attempted outing with my daughters that turned into something painful... so here it is... from my first year of illness... possibly the Fall...

I remember going to the library with the girls to see a Harry Potter movie - don't remember which one - and struggling to watch... I finally gave up and went into the main part of the library... I think I got something out, but I don't remember what... I mostly remember sitting and feeling miserable, and feeling miserable and anxious about how I felt...  I was seeing Janet (PT)* at the time, who'd given me some lame advice that did NOT help... why did I stay with her as long as I did?  Because I trusted her, and didn't know what else to do... she presented herself as a knowledgeable expert - so ridiculous to think that now... but I was SO sick, and SO clueless about what was going on!

So, can I forgive myself for making mistakes?  Ultimately, it shouldn't have mattered that I made mistakes, the medical people I saw should have known better, or spoken up and acknowledged when they didn't... did Janet tell me to see someone I didn't?  I'm not sure... it's all fuzzy now... so I guess I need to forgive myself for my mistakes... "Yes, Tamar, you were VERY sick, and certainly not capable of making good decisions or choices..."  I hadn't learned yet how I would need to advocate for myself... it was all so complicated... if I'd had a severe, but known thing like a stroke or heart attack, what then?  But I didn't...

I know SO much better now... and am working with good people...
*NOTE- For the record, I do NOT believe every physical therapist is like Janet... there are some excellent ones...

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.