September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

June 21st, 2018 Letting go leaves room for possibility....


This may sound strange, but I decided to make a list of the big things it's unlikely I'll do again -

1) go to a movie in a movie theatre -
way too much sensory stimulation

2) go to a concert with my family - the kind with lights, etc. - ditto #1

3) travel - WAY too complicated

4) give private flute lessons - complex  - integrating a LOT of different elements - reading/playing sheet music, writing on sheet music, listening carefully in order to give feedback, looking back and forth between my student and the music

5) drive - very complex -possibly could literally operate a car, but add in everything I'd need to pay attention to in order to be a safe, responsible driver - the last time I drove was taking my daughters to and from a doctor appointment in Oct. 2011.

So, there's my list... it's actually easier to see it in front of me in words, it's surprisingly benign... clearing away unlikely goals leaves me asking - "OK, so what am I going to try, or maybe build on (i.e. drawing, writing)?"... I don't know... I'll have to experiment... what gives me a sense of accomplishment, adds quality to my life...


Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to June 21st, 2018 Letting go leaves room for possibility....

  1. That's sad that you've concluded you'll never be able to do these things again. Maybe there's another therapy out there that could be the magic bullet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking more positively now, tho not looking for a "magic bullet"

    ReplyDelete

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.