September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

August 3rd, 2018 Not-so-small-for-me accomplishments


I told Christina that I didn't post the really small stuff, and she asked "why not?".

ALL the small stuff's the building blocks for slightly bigger stuff, etc.... I told her it feels like a tug of war inside me sometimes - my PTSD Anxiety vs a healthier me that's emerging, and she thought that was a great metaphor.... anyway, I'm going to try really hard -  working against my  ingrained negative thinking born of my PTSD - to come up with 3 good things each day...

There's actually more here - I'm catching up, and surprised myself... a couple are mainly a vestibular or visual challenge, most are a combo -

1) watched a music vid with some moving lights

2) made a phone call after coming home from CBT

3) tried on 2 blouses, decided to donate, then put my top back on
4) sometimes I read a one line email instead of listening to it
5) snipped 2 or 3 dead blooms off a houseplant

6) talked to my daughter while she paces back and forth

7) sat on a bed, put on my readers, and looked inside a jewelry box to find 2 pairs of broken earrings (Ron and Cara went to a jewelry store - they're now repaired)

8) crouched on the floor, and leaned against a bed to talk to my daughter

9) Edited some of this ON my blog (not cut and pasted)

Coming up with this list made me anxious, which I now understand is my PTSD Anxiety showing up, telling me to back off, stay stuck, comfortable.

CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) is more than positive thinking, but positive thinking IS a key element. I want to retrain toward the positive, so I'm going to keep doing this.  I feel like I'm in surprisingly foreign territory, but I know I need to embrace my PTSD Anxiety, to move forward, improve the quality of my life.



Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.