September 9, 2021 - One decade... be present.

It’s been a decade since I got sick. I didn’t know then, that night, that my life was dramatically changed. I’ve done therapies, and they’ve...

August 13th 2018 Finding my new normal...


I started listening to Year of No Clutter: a Memoir - I did not request it, but I'm glad I got it... I don't have a clutter problem, but I DO feel I need to sort through what belongs to my life pre-illness.

When someone you love dies, there's a process you go through, and with my daughters going back to school, my older one for her last year, and me coming up on 7 years since I got sick, I need to DO something to help me process my loss... not a shutting out, or running away from how it all feels, but a memory trip, a goodbye, and integration of my previous life with what I'm moving towards... I was alive for 50 years before I got sick - that's a lot of living.

I'm moving more and more towards living in the present, trying to do things that are meaningful for me NOW... finding my new normal... I listened to an article about a woman who can't travel, who watches travel shows, and learns about whatever sparks her interest - I thought "what a great attitude!"... she does what she calls "simply special" things, totally at her own pace.

I'm much more functional at home, on most days, than I used to be, and I envision taking time off from vision therapy, and the PTSD Anxiety work I do, when my daughters are on break this coming Winter... see how I feel doing only Feldenkrais for a sort of maintenance.

Here are links to the article, as well as the book.





Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

© 2014 - 2019 Tamar Schwartz, Visible Person Invisible Problem (VPIP). Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.